Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Wake Up Call

     Hello, my wonderful readers! I am not completely sure what my demographic is at this point, but I am guessing it's mostly women, maybe ranging between 16-36 years old. Tell me if I'm completely wrong. 

Apologies for the cracked screen. I'm clumsy. Oops!
     If I'm correct, I'm sure a lot of you have busy schedules that require you to wake up early. Do you have troubles with getting up? I know I sure do. Here are a few ways to make waking up a little easier.

Step 1: Wake Up...Obviously
     Set a realistic alarm. ONE ALARM. None of this 6:30, 6:35, 6:40, 6:45... crap. Hitting the snooze button actually makes your brain more tired. By falling back asleep, you're making your brain believe that it can rest longer, when in reality, it has to wake up again. 

Step 2: Scrub-a-dub-dub
     Take a shower (or bath if that's your cup of tea). I personally prefer warm water, but if that will make you sleepy, try a lukewarm or cold shower. I always like using a shampoo/conditioner duo that I haven't used in awhile, just to switch it up. You could even try a new body wash or face wash.

Step 3: Spooning...?
     Don't judge this title; I can't be creative all the time. Anyway, put a couple of clean spoons in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Once they're chilled, place them under your eyes towards the inner corners. This will help decrease baggage or puffiness. This is a great way to decrease the look of exhaustion, as well.

Step 4: Passion For Fashion
     Pick an outfit (preferably the night before) that is appropriate for the occasion, season, etc., but make it fun and unique. If you are looking forward to a new outfit, you will be a little more excited to wake up in the early morn'.

Step 5: Delicious & Nutritious
     Bored of those boring Eggo Waffles or nasty Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls? How about you splurge... just a bit?! Make your favorite pancake recipe and a green smoothie! Running short on time? Eat your favorite cereal with almond milk or mix a quick bowl of yogurt and fruit together. 

Step 6: The Finishing Touches
     Primping and pampering is the last thing you do before heading out for a busy day. After moisturizing, try a new look! It doesn't need to be a dramatic change, something small will do the trick. Try a new eyeliner, lipgloss, or blusher. Once again, if you look forward to something new in your morning routine, you'll be a lot more enthusiastic about waking up early.

     I hope these easy tips help you get ready for a busy day, week, month! What do you do to wake up early? Let me know in the comments! I'm going to college soon and will take any tips you have!

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore
     

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I have to say this is so me, snoozing every 5min! Great post! If you have 5min to spare could you please check out my blog? :)

    Rebecca | Blog

    ReplyDelete