Thursday, July 17, 2014

Green Smoothie Recipe

     Good evening, friends! I had a loooooong day at the pool; I'm not exaggerating. After a miserable, and quite sweaty day, I decided to treat myself with a green (fruit) smoothie. It's so delicious, and it's super jam-packed with vitamins and amazing-ness (yep, super scientific) that our bodies love! Let's begin in 3... 2... 1... blast off! Sorry, I'm a dork. Let's just move forward.


     Okay, ladies and gents. I'm guessing you want to know what to put in an extraordinary smoothie such as the one I just explained above. Well... I'm not going to tell you! JUST KIDDING!

Ingredients & Materials:
  • 3-4 handfuls of fruit 
    • I used strawberries, pineapple, mango, and peaches
    • Typically, I'd suggest using fresh fruit, but I'm a poor college kid, so I used frozen fruit
  • 1 handful of spinach/kale
    • Spinach helps prevent inflammatory problems, oxidative stress-related problems, cardiovascular problems, and cancers
    • Kale has an excellent richness of nutrients
  • 3/4 cup of milk
    • I used Silk Almond Milk because, unfortunately, I'm lactose intolerant, plus it is better for you because there is no bacteria which is found in regular dairy milk. 
  • 1/2 cup water
    • Water is water, need I explain more?
  • 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
    • Chia Seeds are a concentrated food that contains healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium
    • This blender works miracles! Unlike most blenders, this sucker gets the job done efficiently. Check out the link for details about each blender in the professional series.

     Now that you have a good idea of what to put in a divine fruit smoothie, you can just throw it all in your blender and start flipping switches and turning dials: whatever makes your ingredients blend to perfection.


     The Vitamix also works really well with frozen fruit. I struggle getting frozen fruit or ice cubes to break down because they always (somehow) end up at the top. There is an accessory that is provided with your Vitamix that helps to maneuver the fruit down to the blade. It's extra useful for those who are impatient and want their smoothie ASAP!


     ***WARNING: Do not dump your smoothie all out at once. If needed, take a spoon to guide your smoothie into your cup. Don't be an Amanda and manage this. 
     ***Note: Don't let the color fool you. It's just your spinach/kale trying to get some credit.

Cheers!
     It's okay! I got a new (not as fancy) cup to display my delicious and nutritious smoothie! I hope this helps you all realize that something as simple as a smoothie can impact your health in a large way. Let me know if you'd like more recipes like this in the future! I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

1 comment:

  1. The photograph of your overflowing glass made me laugh haha x
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete