Monday, August 18, 2014

Open When... Envelopes (Long Distance Relationships)


     Hello, friends! This post is going to be slightly different than what I usually do, but I hope you get some inspiration from this. I think I've made it clear that I am headed to college very soon. Many of my friends are already gone, beginning their journey into adulthood and making friends. I am stuck in town for another two weeks. TWO WEEKS! *Sigh*

     On the other hand, I have been happy to leave later enabling spending time with my boyfriend for a few extra days. However, he is still leaving tomorrow. We will be between 3 and 4 hours apart. I'm sure there are some of you screaming at your computer, "My significant other is on the other side of the globe, and you're complaining about being 3 hours away?!" I definitely sympathize those of you who feel that way. 

     Let me enlighten you: We met in school, we both live in town, we see each other almost on a daily basis. This is the first time in our relationship that we will be apart for a significant amount of time. Now I hope you understand my dilemma. 

     The worst part of not being together is being able to be there for your other half. I decided it might be fun to write letters to "be there for him" when I cannot be there physically. I'm sure he'll enjoy reading them as much as I did writing them. It's fun to share inside jokes, old memories, thoughts, etc. 

     Don't get me wrong, we're still planning on visiting each other, calling, texting, and Skyping, but if there is ever a time when it is inconvenient to contact one another, he can just read the designated letter to feel a bit more at ease.


Here's a list of all the topics/occasions I wrote about:
Open When...

  • You receive these letters
  • It's your birthday
  • It's Valentine's Day
  • It's our 2 Year Anniversary
  • Things get rough between us
  • You need a study break
  • The distance between us is killing you
  • It's the day before you come home
  • I'm back in your arms
  • You want to take a walk down memory lane
  • You have doubts
  • You are jealous
  • You need God
  • You are angry/upset
  • I make you mad
  • You make me mad
  • You can't sleep
  • You are imagining our future together
  • You are bored
  • You forget how amazing you are
  • You're having a bad day
  • You are stressed
  • You need some motivation
  • You want to know some things that remind me of you when I get lonely
  • You're missing me
  • You are sick
  • You are happy
  • You want to know how happy you make me
  • You need a laugh
  • You're finished reading these letters

Bound the letters together with some twine.
     What do you think of a gift like this? Have you done something similar to this before? If not, would you do it for someone? Let me know in the comments! 

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.. Relationship Last Forever

    ReplyDelete