Thursday, August 28, 2014

Spa Day: Face Mask, Green Smoothie Recipe, Nail Polish

     Hello, friends! Today was a very relaxing day. I spent the day with my very best friend. Don't you love those days? We went out for breakfast, came back to my house, and were at a loss of what to do. We decided that a spa day was the best way to just hang out and have some fun.

     We started by researching (fun, right?) about what makes a good face mask. This is what we came up with:
Face Mask
1 Cucumber, diced and pulsed in the blender, reserve 2 slices for your eyes!
1 Egg White
1 Tbsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Honey

Instructions
Slice cucumber. Dice all but the 2 pieces reserved for your eyes. Once diced, throw in the blender and pulse for a 10-20 seconds. Make sure the consistency is not thin and soupy. You want a thick, green substance. While blending, put egg white it a bowl and mix until frothy. When the cucumber is finished blending, add to the egg white, mix well. Finish off by adding baking soda and honey. Rub on your face and leave sit for 5-10 minutes.

     From personal experience, make sure your mask is thick. As you may be able to tell, there is hardly any substance to our concoction, and we look like we had a fight with bits of cucumber. It was still a pretty good start, though. Lots of laughs!

     Next, we got a bit hungry so we made a green smoothie! We of course had to improvise and drive to the store because the food was lacking in my abode. This is what we created:
Green Smoothie
4 handfuls frozen strawberries
1/2 stalk kale
1/4 cup oat bran
1 green apple
2 bananas
1 handful of purple, seedless grapes
1/2 cup almond milk
2 handfuls ice cubes

Instructions
I think the directions are pretty simple. 
Chuck ingredients in blender. 
Blend. 
Drink. 
TA DA!


So, I'm not sure if this is really qualified as a
"green smoothie", but it was still tasty!
     If you want to see another green smoothie recipe, click here!

     To end our lovely spa day, we did our nails... or I guess, Jadyn just painted mine. I wouldn't trust me to do someone's nails either. This is what she used:

Nails
Revlon Colorstay Gel-Smooth Base Coat
Essie Nail Polish {Bikini So Teeny}
Revlon Colorstay Gel-Shine Top Coat

Instructions 
Paint one layer of base coat.
Paint two layers of nail polish.
Paint one layer of top coat.
Don't f*** them up.


     All in all, it was a pretty fabulous day! Hmm... Why haven't I thought to end all of my posts like that? I don't know... I'm not creative enough. Oh well. I hope you enjoyed this little spa post. I hope you have a chance to experience fun times with your friends in these hectic times! What do you do on spa days or just to relax? Have any DIY recipes I should try? Let me know in the comments! 

xx Amanda (& Jadyn)
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment