Thursday, August 21, 2014

How to Fill in Your Eyebrows

     Hello, lovelies. I hope you all are having a wonderful week. Today, I'd like to talk to you all about something that (in my opinion) is very important when it comes to doing your make up: the brows. 

     I'm sure that most of you have seen those edits of celebrities without eyebrows. They're a bit disturbing, right? Well, when you cover your eyebrows with foundation, powder, and whatever else, you look like that. I think it is so important to fill and define your eyebrows. They shape your face and give your face a much more defined look.

     ***Note: Everyone has their own preferences on products, tools, and techniques. In this post, this is just what I prefer to do, and I am in no way saying you are required to do anything I do in order to achieve pristine eyebrows. 
Products/Tools:
Brow Filling (powder, pencil, gel)
Concealer

A Highlighter (highlighting powder, translucent eye shadow)
  • If you're in a hurry or just lazy with your eye make up, I suggest using a highlighting powder (less products to apply). I use Physician's Formula: Powder Palette {7B: Mineral Glow Pearls}.
Detailing Brush
Eyeshadow Brush
What To Do:
     I start by swiping on a bit of the setting wax included in the Too Faced Brow Envy: Brow Shaping & Definig Kit. You don't need a lot, just enough to set the hairs in the direction you want them to be in. Then, I use the spool included to comb and make sure they look just right. Also, tweeze any stray hairs.
     Next, I take the tiny angled brush and apply the brunette shade to my brows. The trick is to use the most powder where there is already hair, and use the left overs on the parts that are more sparse. This will make the brow look more naturally full, and not pencilled in like your grandpa's pocket calendar. Once my brows are filled in the way I like, I brush a final layer of setting wax, just to be sure they stay in place.
     Now that my brows are filled, I like to make them a bit more defined by outlining them with my highlighting concealer and blending with my detailer brush. This really makes your brows stand out and the brightness of the concealer adds that extra "oomph" to your brow bone! 
     Once you've concealed, I take my eyeshadow and my flat eyeshadow brush and run a bit of eyeshadow on top of my brow bone for an instant brow lift! Who needs botox?! It really does make all the difference!
RANDOM QUOTE OF THE DAY
"Eyebrows are sisters, not twins." 
Don't be too troubled if they are not exactly even.

     I hope this helps you one your journey to beautiful brows. What products, tools, and techniques do you use to create perfect eyebrows? Let me know in the comments!

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment