Friday, August 15, 2014

My Summer 2014 Favorites

     Hi, friends. Sorry it's been awhile since I've written. It's surprisingly been a busy week...and of course I don't have plans on a Friday evening. It's normal. 

     Anyway, it's getting close to the end. I don't mean to be dramatic, but summer is almost over. However, I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to share with you the things I have loved throughout Summer 2014!

Aveeno Active Naturals: Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer (SPF 15)
  • This moisturizer does wonders for my skin. It has a light feel, not heavily fragranced, and helps my skin feel smooth throughout the day. I also love that there is SPF in there, especially during the summer months!
Tree Hut: Shea Extra-Rich Moisturizing Lotion {Tropical Mango}
  • I was given this lotion as a belated Christmas gift this year from a close friend of mine (hey, Jay!). I love putting it on my legs after shaving and on my elbows since they get quite dry. It's light, goes on easily, and it's not sticky. It's a one-of-a-kind lotion, and I will definitely buy another bottle when this one is empty!
Burt's Bees: Beeswax Lip Balm {Vitamin E & Peppermint}
  • This is a lip balm that never gets old. I've been told it's weird to use a lip balm in the summer: "Who's lips get dry in the summer?" MINE DO! The get dried, sunburnt, cracked...everything! This lip balm makes my lips soft without peeling, and the chilling sensation from the peppermint keeps them cooled!
Suave: Moroccan Infusion Weightless Dry Shampoo
  • Have you ever heard that it's bad to wash your hair frequently? Well this is true, and something I live by (also, I'm kinda lazy when it comes to washing my hair). Dry shampoo is a staple during the summer: I may get sweaty or a bit of sunscreen in my hair that may result in greasy-looking hair, but dry shampoo always leaves my hair shiny and voluminous. 
TRESemmé: Thermal Creations Mousse
  • I am in love with the idea of adding volume to my hair while I am styling it with hot tools. It makes the job a lot quicker and more bearable. Once I get out of the shower, I let my hair air dry a bit, then I just pump about a nickel-sized amount of mousse into my hand. I just apply most in the center down to the end; leftovers go on the roots to avoid any crunchiness. 
Real Techniques: Blush Brush
  • How have I only discovered this brush within the last two months? I regret not having this in my possession sooner. It makes applying blush onto my face with much ease and makes it look... dare I say... FLAWLESS. The fibers are so soft and now I always desire to put on blush just to feel the bristles. 
Almay: Intense i-Color Shadow Stick {Brown Eyes}
  • I'm just a child and like drawing on myself. Kidding! No, not really, I'm not kidding at all. If you're lazy with your eye make up, like me, this is the way to go. I love using the natural color for a lovely, shimmery base. On occasion, when I'm feeling a bit rebellious (not often), I'll apply a bit of the green in my crease and blend it in for a nice, colorful look. It looks amazing and fierce!
CoverGirl: Nail Polish {Coral Silk 240}
  • I've really been loving coral this summer. I am in no way able to pull it off, but I don't mind. I love wearing this nail polish. It's so bright and well... Summer-y. Plus this nail polish is so shiny, it truly looks like I've just come out of the salon when I wear it. I'm going to have to stock up on more colors!

Ulta: 3-in-1 Beauty Smoothies {Yum Yum Yumberry & Berrylicious}
  • This stuff works great and smells so good. Like, I can't stop smelling myself... Okay, moving on. I love this product because it's a triple threat: shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath. I usually use it for just shower gel and bubble bath, but I've heard it leaves your hair clean and smelling fresh, as it does your body.

LUNA Bar: Peanut Honey Pretzel
  • I have sort of a busy schedule, and I usually don't have time to eat real meals often. I usually pack fruit (which is not filling at all). I like bringing along one of these LUNA Bars. They are so tasty and healthy for you, as well. There are so many flavors to try, Peanut Honey Pretzel is just my current fave.
AriZona Beverage Co: Green Tea
  • This tea has a different taste, but I'm so in love with it, I can't stop drinking it. Yes, I do realize there is a bit more sugar than needed, but that does not change the way I feel about this beverage. It's so refreshing, and is just fun to drink. The bottles and cans are so adorable!

EduSkate
  • EduSkate is a skateboard shop that I was introduced to a day ago. For a belated birthday gift, my boyfriend took me to this shop to get me my first cruise board.The owner, Nate, was great; a perfect fit for this store he gets along with everyone. Just so you know, I am a very awkward individual, but we had over an hour conversation with this man and I felt like I've known him for forever. If you ever get the chance, do pay him a visit. No need to buy a board, just say hi, and the shop looks so cool!

Ed Sheeran's Album: X
  • So I'm only a little very obsessed with this album. Ed Sheeran has his own style, but within his own style, he has several unique sub-styles. Every song is related in the slightest, but the songs all are so different and still good makes this album so irresistible. 
Troye Sivan's EP: TRXYE
  • For those of you who don't know, Troye Sivan is a part of the YouTube community. I discovered him while Zoe (Zoella) Sugg waxed his legs in a video of hers. I've been subscribed to him ever since. He recently released his first single "Happy Little Pill" which is a slower but very powerful song. Let's just say, I've played it 218 times and it hasn't been on my iPod for more than a few weeks. His full album "TRXYE" was just released today, and all of the songs have already been memorized. It's been a productive day. Whatever. I 100% recommend it to you all. Give it a listen!

Ellen Degeneres' Book: Seriously...I'm Kidding
  • I personally am not the biggest fan of reading. I have to get really into the book or have had to have heard a lot of good reviews on a book to keep myself focused. This book got me hooked instantly. I've always looked up to Ellen and watch the show often. She just has the best sort of humor, and this book is literally for everyone. I kid you, not. There are coloring pages in it for the little ones, there are chapters about tweeting and "teenage" slang, and there is adult humor, too! I don't care if you hate reading, if you check out this book, it will feel like you are just talking to Ellen, herself, and who wouldn't like that?

     So that concludes my summer favorites. Do you like or use any of these products? What do/did you enjoy this summer? Should I do proper reviews on any of these products? Let me know in the comments.

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment