Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Beauty of Vaseline

Hello, lovelies! It's been a bit of a gloomy day; a cold, rainy, "drinking hot tea while curled up on the couch with your dogs" kind of a gloomy day. I remembered I have a few exciting family and friend gatherings coming up, and I wanted to start planning my hair, make up, and outfit combos.

I practiced one makeup look and noticed that my under eye areas were super dry, like, drier than my next door neighbor's sense of humor (not kidding). I couldn't find my eye serum (probably because I've hardly unpacked my crap from college--but that's beside the point), so I used a makeshift moisturizer for my delicate eye areas: a thin layer of Vaseline. Biggest revelation of 2015! Okay, maybe not quite, but I was still very impressed with the results. 

After pondering this "revelation" for quite some time, I realized I actually use Vaseline for a lot of different beauty problems. Below are the ways that I have utilized Vaseline Petroleum Jelly in my beauty regimen. Enjoy!

Show Off Your Amazing Bone Structure
Vaseline has been in my grandma's medicine cabinet since the 1950's. It's what gave Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn their pearlescent complexions. To continue this ingenious beauty regimen, dab a thin layer of Vaseline on the tops of your cheekbones and on your brow bone to achieve a soft and aesthetic look. Work that bone structure!

Razor Burn--No more!
Vaseline is known for relieving burning and irritation, so stop buying expensive cooling gels that can actually make hair grow quicker and darker. Vaseline has the same cooling and calming effects of a cooling gel, but it won't burn a hole in your pocket. No more irritation after shaving or waxing.

Painless & Stainless DIY Hair Dying
Okay, no, I don't use this one because I am not good at anything with the name DIY in it... I get frustrated very easily, but my mom and aunt use this. For those of you who do dye your hair and/or eye brows at home, this trick is just for you. Slather a layer of Vaseline around your hairline, on the tops of your ears, and around your eyebrows to prevent the dye from staining your skin.

My Two Scents
To make your favorite perfume or body mist last longer, rub some Vaseline wherever you spray perfume (I do the back of my neck and my left wrist). The spray will literally stick to the Vaseline, enhancing the scent and making it last hours longer than spraying it straight onto your skin.

XOXO -Lip Exfoliator 
In need of super soft lips before a night out or even just for an addition to your daily regimen? Make a  super gentle, super wallet-friendly lip exfoliator: mix up some Vaseline and sugar (sometimes I use brown sugar if I want a bit of flavor), and rub all over your lips to vanish any flakes.

Bright Eyed & Bushy Tailed
As I said above, my under eyes (and probably a lot of other people's under eyes) get super dry, making make up hard to apply. Vaseline will tremendously help to banish bags, brighten under the eyes, and moisturize all at the same time. Dab a thin layer under the eyes (and around the nose if necessary) 5-10 minutes before applying make up, or rub on before going to bed.

Eyebrows On Fleek
I can't believe I just wrote that in a post, but I'm just leaving it because I can't be obliged to come up with something better. Moving on... Swipe on a bit of Vaseline across your brows as a holding/firming wax after filling them in. You can also brush some on your eyelashes with a spooly to make them pop and look mega-glossy without having to commit to mascara.

Skin as Soft as a Baby's Bottom
I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, but I hate cracked and dry elbows, palms, and feet. You know what I also hate? Going to bed wearing socks. *cringes while thinking about it* However, I will hesitate gagging when I put a load of Vaseline on my feet and cover them with socks before bed. Trust me, you'll awaken with the softest feet! No more $30 pedicures!

I hope you enjoyed this post! I hope this makes your beauty regimen less stressful and less expensive. I love finding new ways to use products that I have laying around at home. What do you use Vaseline Petroleum Jelly for? Let me know in the comments!

xx Amanda 
Twitter & Instagram: amanda_wymore


Check out my post: The Beauty of Coconut Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment