Saturday, June 20, 2015

Summer Beauty Haul 2015

I'm ironically not wearing any make up while I happen to be writing about make up.
Oh well, less is more when it's Saturday!
Hello, lovelies! As I've mentioned in my last post, it was my birthday recently. 

Just to keep this story short: with your birthday comes birthday money, with birthday money comes responsibility. However, I was not responsible. As a result, I bought brushes and new products to try.
I hope you enjoy!

Hair
The first hair product that I purchased was one I've heard some really incredible things about. I bought the OGX Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Shampoo. My hair gets really dry in the summer from being in the pool a few times a week so I thought I would give this shampoo a shot to see what transformations it can do for my hair. There is a conditioner to pair with this, but I didn't see it at ULTA, so I'll have to go back another time to find it!

The second product I got was Batiste Dry Shampoo in {Dark and Deep Brown}. This dry shampoo is a miracle worker. I'm not kidding. I've been so stressed while looking for dry shampoos because even when they say "transparent" on the bottle, my hair still ends up looking gray. This actually has a brown tint in it, which I've never seen before, but it makes my hair look really voluminous and put together (even when I haven't washed my hair for a week). What?
  Skin Care
As I am going to New York in less than 2 months (*internally screaming with pure joy*), I wanted to find some products I can use that are in travel-size bottles or containers, but are still reliable products. I found this Formula 10.0.6 Packet called {Clean Getaway}. It includes So Totally Clean Deep Pore Cleanser, Pores Be Pure Mud Mask, Keep Me Clean Facial Wipes, and Best Face Forward Daily Foaming Cleanser. Tonight will be my first night trying all of these out together. I'll keep you posted if I enjoy these products.
 Make Up
I finally caved and bought Benefit's Gimme Brow in {Medium/Deep}. I was trying to tell myself that powder is sufficient enough since I still have a lot of powder in my brow kit left, but during the summer, I am beginning to get lazy with my eyebrows. This product will help me to shape and define my brows without having to put too much effort into creating them.
Oh, no! Amanda bought another mascara. Confiscate it and put it with the 3,000 others we've had to take away. Yes, I bought Benefit's Roller Lash, but it is purely amazing. Benefit is very true to their word when they say you do not, I repeat, you do not need to use a lash curler before applying mascara. This mascara is amazing at curling, lengthening, and separating my lashes. Flawless.
Swatches...
Imagine Declare smudged into your water line and Enlighten in your inner corner.
Look how it catches the light!
Now, I know I'm not really an eyeliner person, but these really interested me. These are Sigma's Extended Wear Eye Liners in the shades {Declare} and {Enlighten}. Declare is a cool, dark brown shade with hints of purple. Enlighten is a pearly-gold with a hint of shimmer. I have not tried either on yet, but I'm super excited to see when these will do for my eye make up! 
More swatches...
Smoke Screen Palette (left side): Ember, Nebula, Cinders, Svelte, Almost Jet
Warm Neutrals Palette (right side): Innocent, Dove, Optimistic, Warm Stone, Oyster Sand
Along with the Sigma eyeliners, Sigma sent me a few samples of their eye shadows from a couple of their palettes. I am a fan of the Sigma Warm Neutrals Eye Shadow Palette just because I think the colors complement my brown eyes a little more than the Sigma Smoke Screen Eye Shadow PaletteIf you have blue or green eyes, I think that would be your glory palette! My favorite shade is {Dove}, which is the second color to the left of the Warm Neutrals palette (in my sample). It's a shimmery taupe color, and it looks lovely in the inner corners, or just all over the lid! 
Tools
This is new for me. I have had the same 12 brushes since maybe 7th or 8th grade. I felt that it was time for an upgrade. For my face, I got a Sigma 3DHD Kabuki Brush and a Sigma 3DHD Precision Brush. Does anyone else think they look super fascinating. They say the point on the brush really makes it easy to reach each nook and cranny on your face to achieve a perfect foundation look. I'm super excited to use these!

For my eyes, I bought the Zoeva Rose Golden Complete Eye Set. How freaking beautiful? They couldn't get more gorgeous if they tried. Hello?! Rose Gold!!! I haven't used any of these yet because they only showed up on my doorstep this afternoon, but when I touched them for the first time, I was amazed. They are so soft, seriously! They are going to make applying eye shadow a lot easier than with my old and rough brushes.
That's everything! I hope you enjoy posts like these! What would you buy with your birthday money? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

1 comment: