Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My Birthday Make Up Tutorial 2015

Hello, lovelies! So by the title, I'm sure you have all noticed that I just recently had a birthday. In fact, yesterday was my 19th birthday! Thanks for all the "Happy Birthday" messages you guys sent me!

I celebrated with my family and friends at IHOP...so obviously, I didn't wear any make up. For dinner, Zachary took me out to dinner. We went to Osaka and got a heap and a half of sushi! It was amazing!

P.S. I wasn't in the mood to fully participate in society and looking like a functioning female being is too overrated... therefore, my hair is in a bun.

Let's get started!

Preparation
Before I started the make up, I washed my face and then toned and moisturized with Lush's Tea Tree Water and Aveeno's Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15.
Primer
To start the face, I primed with Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. I just smooth it under my eyes, on my forehead, around my nose, and on my chin. This really helps to make my foundation application smoother and last longer.
It looks like I've seen a ghost.
Concealer
As always, I used Maybelline's Dream Lumi Highlighting Concealers in Ivory and Buff. I use Ivory to highlight under my eyes, my forehead, my cupid's bow, and chin. Buff is dotted around my nose and any other spots I may have. I use an RC Cosmetics Foundation Brush to blend all of that into my face.
You always have to show your war paint.
Foundation
I shook it up a little. I went for a powder foundation instead of a liquid foundation or BB cream. I used Clinique's Blended Face Powder in 03 Transparency. It's a very pale color that has low coverage, but I don't have too many spots so I felt confident wearing this. It really worked to just balance the discoloration in my face. I use an RC Cosmetics Powder Brush to dust that all over my face and neck.
I shouldn't have done this tutorial on a white couch.
This foundation was a bit messy.
Bronzer
I really don't use bronzer because I think I'm too pale for it, but it's the summer and I really wanted to add some extra color and depth to my face and neck. I used Too Faced's Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer in Light/Medium. I used an RC Contour Brush to contour my cheek bones and jaw line. I also balanced that out by applying some around my hairline and temples.
Cue the fish face.
Blush
I used NYX's Powder Blush in Mocha. I think this color really compliments my skin and works well in any season. It has a soft pink hue that brings a little color back into my face. I use a Real Techniques Multitask brush to apply this to the apples of my cheeks.
Eye Brows
Once again, not a whole lot has changed when it comes to my eye brows. I use Too Faced's Brow Shaping and Defining Kit. I just use my finger to spread the wax on my brow hairs. Then, I use the cute little angled brush in the packet to shape my brows with the brunette shade.
Excuse my slight wind-blown effect. I was sweating buckets
while doing this tutorial so I had a huge fan blowing on me.
Eye Shadow
I used Urban Decay's Original Naked Palette to create a subtly smokey eye. I started with brushing Sin across my entire lid and emphasizing that on the inner corner using an RC Cosmetics flat shadow brush. Then I used a combination of Naked and Buck in my crease, and blended the crap out of those with an RC Cosmetics Blending Brush. I tried not to make it too smokey because I'm really trying to focus on the lips. I only dusted a little bit of Naked under my eyes with an angled brush.
Such a classic palette. So beautiful. Cant' stop staring.
Lashes
For my eye lashes, I start by curling the top lashes with a lash curler. Then I used my new favorite mascara which is Estée Lauder's Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara in Black. Some people think I apply mascara in a weird manner because I start with my bottom lashes. This is because I am avoiding getting top lash mascara all over my eye lids. It's not required that you do this, but I think it helps. I also apply a layer of mascara on the back side of my top lashes to get extra lift. It works wonders.
I totally posed because of the pressure of the camera.
I normally make the most hideous faces when
working on my lashes.
Lips
Whenever I wear lipstick or a lip stain, I always start by using a lip scrub to remove dead skin and assuring that my lips will look smooth and kissable. I always fall back on Lush's Mint Julips Lip Scrub. It tastes super minty and tastes delicious, as well. As for the lip stain that I used, this was my newest purchase, and I was super ecstatic to use it. I used Revlon's ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in 115 Whimsical. It's a beautiful magenta color with the smallest shimmery specks in it. When it catches the light, it looks even more flawless!
What a beautiful color! It's shiny and a bit shimmery,
but it's still a very wearable color.
AFTERWARDS...
After doing this flawless look, I had to take it off. I only recently discovered this make up remover, but once I tried it, I ditched my Neutrogena wipes. I now use No. 7 Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking Wipes. It is compatible with all skin types, removes waterproof mascara, and is hypo-allergenic. My favorite part about these wipes, unlike Neutrogena's, is that they don't leave an oily residue behind on my skin. I actually feel like I have a clean face.
That's my finished birthday make up look! I hope you all enjoyed this post! What do you wear for special occasions like your birthday? Let me know in the comments!
xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment