Monday, May 11, 2015

The Happy Skin Tag

Hello, lovelies! Well, school is over for the year. I (somehow) completed my first year of college. Yay for less stress! However, my skin is a little hard to get along with because of the stress that correlates with finals week. 

I have had people ask me for an updated skincare routine, but I watched Tanya Burr do a video about her skincare solutions and tips, so I thought this would be a fun way to shake up the usual blog posts. 

Here are the questions to The Happy Skin Tag... and my answers. Enjoy!

How would you best describe your skin?
My skin is quite dry. It always feels tight and I tend to find dry patches on my face occasionally (mostly during the winter). If there is any oil on my face, it most likely will be on my forehead.

What are your main skin care concerns?
I have noticed recently that my skin is getting bumpy and rough. It doesn't have that nice glow I used to be complimented on all the time. It's also not smooth to the touch; it just looks a bit dingy.

What's the weirdest natural ingredient you have used in your skincare routine?
Honey, maybe? I just don't like sticky stuff, especially when I am spreading it all over my face. I don't like it getting in my hair.

How do you describe happiness?
Positivity, bliss, laughter, joy, cheer, peace of mind.

Describe your skincare routine in 5 words.
Wiping away another crazy day.
           OR... rejuvenating, cleansing, softening, simple, fast!

What is your top skin care tip?
Don't put your usual face moisturizer on the "bags" of your eyes. Regular face moisturizers are too heavy for our delicate under eye area, making the bags heavier and more prominent. You should consider getting a different, lighter moisturizer made for under eyes. I've been really loving Estēe Lauder Advanced Night Eye Repair Serum

What makes you laugh everyday?
Let's be honest, I'm pretty easily-entertained. Lots of things make me happy and make me laugh. If I had to say anyone, though, I would say Zachary. Even in my worst moods, he can always manage to make me happy again.

What steals your skin's natural radiance?
Sleeping with make up on, lack of sleep, not drinking enough water, and drinking alcohol.

What are your top tips for healthy, glowing skin?
Cleanse, exfoliate (2x weekly), moisturize, and DRINK WATER! These are the easiest things to do to achieve beautiful looking skin.

What's your skin care 101?
8 hours of sleep at night (10pm - 6am are the best!), drink water (I don't think I've stressed that enough), find your best skin routine (they don't have to be complicated).

What's your happy place?
My bed is always a comfortable place to just relax, but just being with the people I love makes me happy too.

I'm still planning to do an "updated skin care routine" post, but hopefully that gave you some ideas on how to improve your skin care routine! Do you have any helpful tips and tricks to getting glowing and healthy skin? Leave them in the comments!

Read about my newest skin care haul here!

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment