Sunday, April 19, 2015

Estēe Lauder Skin Care & Make Up Haul

Hello, lovelies! Today has been one of those spring days where it's foggy and rainy and the weather overall is just general crap; but you know what they say, "April showers bring May flowers." I wish it could just be, "Amanda is tired and groggy so make her cheery by bringing the sun out again."
I remembered that last week I purchased some new beauty findings at the Estēe Lauder counter at Younkers and figured maybe looking at those would bring me into a happier mood. I also thought maybe, just maybe, my readers friends would like to look at my collection. Perhaps these skin care and make up products will inspire your newest, freshest spring look.

Warning: Be ready for a vast amounts of accents in this post. Typing them was a struggle.

Skin Care
Estēe Lauder recommends a special order for this skin care regimen so I'll list these items in that order for you!
I have been loving this product for the few days I've been using it. It's a two-in-one product, which means you can use it as a daily foam cleanser or a purifying mask. I usually just cleanse twice a day and use it as a mask once during the weekend for a treat.

I have never used an eye serum before being introduced to this product. It's supposed to work as a kind of moisturizer, but it's made to be extra light so your under eyes don't feel drowned by the weight of a typical moisturizer. I apply this just at night, and I think the best way to apply this is by putting three dots of the serum around the eyes at the outer corner, in the center under eye, and inner corner. Rub in GENTLY with your ring finger. It seriously works wonders.

Similar to the Eye Repair Serum, I've never used one of these before. This product claims to repair signs of age. I'm only 18, so I don't really have wrinkles, but I'm taking precautions for the future. I just massage the Night Repair in a sweeping motion in an up-and-out direction. When repairing this, go all the way to the hairline, and don't forget your neck!

All I can say is that this is one of the best moisturizers I have ever used. It is amazingly light weight and it smells so fresh. I feel like I just walked out of a field of flowers! I apply this product after the Clean Cleanser in the morning and after the Night Repair in the evening.

Make Up
You can incorporate as many or as little of these products into your daily beauty regimen as you'd like. 
If I could ever recommend a foundation to someone, it would definitely be this one! The part that really sold me on this product was that it's FOR ALL SKIN TYPES! You heard (read) it right here, folks. My skin has a tendency to get dry, then oily, then back to dry. This inconsistency conflicts with my make up quite frequently. This make up is long lasting and very light. I will say it does not have the highest amount of coverage, but I don't typically need loads of coverage on a day-to-day basis, especially in the warmer months. 

Estēe Lauder Pure Color EyeShadow Quad {Ombre à paupières}
(Sorry! I couldn't find a link to this one.)
First of all, the packaging is beautiful and springy, which really caught my eye. This quad features four colors: 2 satin, 1 shimmer, 1 matte. These neutrals are going to be great for an easy to do look this spring and coming summer. My favorite shade is undoubtedly {47 Nude Fresco} which is the far left shade in the palette.

I love how this formula makes my lashes look so full. Someone actually asked me if I was wearing falsies whilst wearing this mascara. I'm so happy I get to add another mascara to my collection! Love it!

Estēe Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick
These colors are all so beautiful and appropriate for this time of the year. Each one is long lasting, vibrant, and keeps my lips moisturized for a long time. Recently, I've been really getting into the orangey-toned pinks, so I'd have to say my favorite shade is currently {Melon} which is in the middle in the picture below.
Accessories
With my purchase, I received two portable bags to hold my new products while traveling. Unfortunately, the most traveling I'm doing now is going back and forth between school and home. Oh well, these bags are adorable and hold more than you'd expect by just looking at them. Designed by Lisa Perry.
I hope you enjoyed this post! What are you using in your spring skin care or make up regimen? Let me know in the comments!

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment