Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Paleo Meatza Recipe

Hello, lovelies! I hope you're all having a lovely spring day. As I am readjusting back at home, I'm also readjusting my diet. I ate way too much junk and the typical "college food" this year. To turn my diet around, I'm slowly inching my way back to the Paleo diet.

Tonight, I made a "meatza" pizza, which is a regular pizza, but instead of the glutenous bread crust, the base is all meat. It is so easy to make, and it's a guilt free meal.

Yields: 8 pieces

Ingredients
Crust
2 lbs. ground turkey
1/4 cup onion
1 tablespoon garlic
2 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste

Toppings
14 oz pizza sauce
3 cups of mozzarella cheese
1 cup of pepperoni
1 green pepper
1/2 onion
2.25 oz black olives, canned
1 tablespoon oregano

Directions
Preheat oven to 450°F.

Combine ground turkey, onion, garlic, eggs, and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon, or if you're feeling dedicated, go ahead and use your hands!

Lay a piece of parchment paper over a pizza stone or rimmed baking sheet. Put meat mixture on the parchment paper and flatten with your hands. Regarding the thickness, I prefer a thick crust, but some people like a thinner crust, so press until you are satisfied.
Note: The meat will shrink once baked.

Bake for 20 minutes. While the "crust" is baking, prepare toppings.

Remove meat from oven. Be very careful of the excess juices surrounding the meat. You may need to drain juices before adding toppings.

Drop oven temperature to 350°F.

Add pizza sauce followed by cheese, pepperoni, chopped green pepper and onion, black olives, and sprinkle oregano over the top.

Cook for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melty. 

Cut slices and serve. Devour!

I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you are interested in more Paleo recipes for the summer, let me know in the comments! 

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment