Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Favorites

Hello, lovelies! We survived our first month of 2016! The speed of time never ceases to amaze me. I have discovered some really great things: some are Christmas gifts and some are personal finds. It's a bit of a random bunch, but they are all worth sharing. Enjoy!

Pantene Beautiful Lengths Shampoo + Conditioner
It strengthens my hair and makes it feel so much healthier, and I've noticed my natural frizz has died down. It also smells like green apples, which is nice. I also didn't mind buying this before I finished my other shampoo and conditioner because Beautiful Lengths is also a program that helps women battling cancer. You can help by donating eight inches of hair or eight dollars, and since I don't have eight inches to donate, I bought the set to contribute. It can be your good deed for the day!


Zoella Beauty Scrubbing Me Softly Soothing Body Scrub
Where has this been all my life?! My skin is the death of me in the winter: dry, dull, lifeless, but this has helped me revive my poor neglected skin. I have put this on after a bath and rinse it off, or I just put it on during a shower (only once a week, though). First of all, it smells so good, and second, my skin is soft and basically glows after applying it. It is especially nice to apply to on days you know will be shaving your legs or applying fake tan. 

Zoella Beauty Foam Sweet Foam Shower Gel
Obviously, I cannot just have one Zoella Beauty product in my favorites. I got several products for Christmas, so I have to share my love for them. This smells the same as the body scrub, but I can get away with using it more often... Well, I guess it is expected that someone my age showers more than once a week... So it's probably good I'm using this. Continuing on... I love this fresh smelling gel, which is also really soothing and calming to wake up to for a morning shower or even one before bed.


Estēe Lauder Double Light Wear Foundation
This has been a great everyday foundation for this month. I have been trying to wear makeup, but I hate wearing a full face for 8:00 am classes. This foundation, which I wear in the shade Intensity 1.0, is very sheer, but it's great for when I just need some evening out in regards to the discoloration on my face. It actually feels more like a skincare product than a foundation because it is so light. If I am in need of a bit more coverage, I mix this with my Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Gobi, but this really has been a savior when I have twenty minutes to get ready. If you want to see this look, click here.


Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
I cannot tell you how impressed I was when I put a layer of this mascara on my lashes! I mean, I'm obviously going to try (hence this post), but I was especially speechless with this product. First of all, I love how buildable it is. I am very picky with this characteristic in mascara because I change my moods with how dramatic I want my lashes, so the fewer products that can achieve the most looks makes me happy. I can put one layer on and get separated, slightly lengthened lashes. If I add one or two more layers, my lashes extend further than I thought possible. It also has a nice fanning effect which is nice to keep lashes from clumping.

Benefit BADgal Mascara
I've actually been liking two mascaras this month. When I wasn't in as much need to lengthen my lashes, I would go for this volumizing mascara instead. This brush is... 'Big' is an understatement... It's HENCH. It is a big boy. But hey, whatever gets the job done. I have had days where I wear it and people think I am wearing falsies, which I never do, but I was flattered that they thought I put that much work into my makeup. Laziness strikes again!


Nike Barefoot Ride 5.0 Running Shoes
I actually have kept my promise to myself to go to the gym at least twice a week. I really could go three times, but I am REALLY good at making excuses. Oh well, you gotta start somewhere, right? Beyoncé wasn't built in a day! Anyway... These shoes are super comfy and perfect for the gym. I also will say that I am a fan of having black shoes instead of my old yellow ones because they match more of my outfit choices. 

Flax Chia Seed Mix
While I continue to (attempt to) be a health nut, I have been making more green smoothies. I've especially been liking strawberry, mango, pineapple ones. They really make me want to move to somewhere without snow. And trust me, it is hard to drink smoothies when it is -10 degrees outside. I have, however, added a new special ingredient that makes them a little more worth the goosebumps. This flax and chia seed mix has a greater amount of fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and other amazing benefits, which makes me feel great after a workout or just a long day of being a college student. 

Pillowtalk - Zayn
Okay, I know this is sort of cheating considering this song has only been out for three days, but I've already listened to it over 100 times on iTunes... so it's safe to say that it is a favorite. I was very upset, along with everyone else, when I heard that One Direction lost their best member (everyone is entitled to their own opinion), but FINALLY, Zayn has released his first single, and I was screaming. I immediately downloaded it and hit the repeat button. And I'm definitely not listening to it as I write this post... Nope... If you haven't heard it, go!
I mean, this post is basically over anyway.

Those are the things I have especially been loving during January. What are some things you've been loving this month? Let me know in the comments! Have a great February!

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment