Friday, January 22, 2016

Luminous Skin & Metallic Eyes


Hello, lovelies! We're drawing close to the last week of January 2016. This month alone has gone so quickly... What will the rest of the year be like? Since I am still adjusting to the "New Year, new you" phase, I decided I would create for myself a dewy and luminous makeup look to show off a fresh face along with this fresh start. This look features lots of highlighting, a sparkly neutral eye, and shiny nude lips.

If you want to see more of this look, keep on reading! Enjoy!

Face
As always, prime your clean and moisturized face with the Benefit The POREfessional primer. To get the ultimate luminous, but still medium coverage, I used Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in cheekbones and mixed it with Estēe Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation in Intensity 1.0. To dial down my under eye circles and discoloration, I used the Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift. For any other blemishes I have, I used my trusty CoverGirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous Concealer in Light.


Eyes
For eyebrows, I did the same old Too Faced Brow Envy Palette Brunette Powder and then followed that with Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep.

For eye makeup, I did something really different for what I normally do for my eye makeup. I started with putting Naked and Buck from the Urban Decay Nake Palette as transition colors in my crease, using windshield wiper and circular motions to blend. 

Here's the exciting part: In my Advent calendar from 2015, I got a couple of Tanya Burr Cosmetics Eye Shimmer Pots. I decided to give one of them a try. I used The Eye Shimmer Pot in Creme Brulee, which is a shimmery coppery-gold. It looks so beautiful in the pot and on the eyes. I think it would suit any eye color. Just a little tip, since these eyeshadows are not pressed powder, I would use water or some sort of setting spray to help the powder stick to your eyelid. 

To finish of the eyes, I curled my lashes and used the Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara for my top lashes and the Benefit They're Real Mascara for my bottom lashes. Feel free to use liquid eyeliner and lashes to dramatize this look, but I tried to keep this more relaxed, and if you know me, I cannot do eyeliner to save my life.


Cheeks
Now that the eye's are done, it's time to bring some color back into my face. Just imagine someone who looks extremely ill and ghostly... That would be my face before these next few steps. To start off, I use my handy-dandy Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil in Light/Medium to define my cheek bones and jawline, and I add some to my forehead and around my temples to add some color. 

For blush, I used Bare Minerals Sun-Kissed Blush, which was a little pinker than I expected for the look, but it still added a healthy glow into the mix, which I liked. 

To highlight, I used a few products, this time, around: On the tops of my cheekbones, I used Physician's Therapy Powder Highlight in Translucent Pearl. On top of that, I applied Benefit Watt's Up and then applied this on my cupid's bow and under my eyebrows. Then I took Benefit Highbeam and painted that on the bridge of my nose. You can interchange the products as you please, but I just liked using those products in those specific place. Everyone has their own preferences. Use what works best for you!


Lips
I am probably the last person that would go for a nude lip, but this isn't stark tan or nude. I used Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Smarty Pants. This gloss has a slight opacity, but it is still natural and glossy, so some of my natural lip color pops through. The tilted doe foot applicator makes applying this gloss mess-free and creates a very lustrous look without taking too much time.


Almost finished...
This is the first time I've ever used a product like this, but I've been hooked ever since my first use. I finally got a setting spray--a monumental step in my makeup career. To finish my dewy and luminous makeup look, I used the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray which is long lasting. It is oil free and paraben free, which makes me feel good about putting it on my face. I have seriously seen a huge difference in the longevity of my makeup once I started using this. If you feel that your makeup slides off your face after awhile, I would recommend getting this product or something like it.


Well, this look was a little different for me! What did you think? Are there any other looks you would like to see? Let me know in the comments!


xx Amanda
FabulousFX Facebook
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment