Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Pep Talk: Dealing with Stress

I know I just posted a couple days ago, but I really missed writing. It keeps me at peace, and it takes me away from all the mess of the world. I am one with myself. I am okay. I need to get away from the "outside" world. School, friends, life: it all gets to be a bit overwhelming. Yesterday, I had one of the worst breakdowns of my life. I skipped dinner; I didn't do any homework; I didn't take off my make up or wash my face; I only went outside to go to my class; I wallowed in self-hate. Pathetic, right?

This morning, I just laid in bed while my roommate got ready for class. I just laid and thought to myself in jealousy, "How does everyone have such a carefree life while I feel like I'm crumbling into oblivion?" I turned to look at my phone, hoping it would distract me from my thoughts. To my surprise, I got a beautiful trio of text messages from my boyfriend. He gave me, I think, the best and wittiest advice I've ever heard... or read.
---
"No matter what others say, chase your dreams, and I will be there with water and a car ride (because we both know neither of us can run for shit)."
---
That's when I knew that no matter what the situation is, there will always be someone there to comfort and protect you.
Thank you, Zachary.
So here is my advice to those of you who are inflicted with a heap of stress, anxiety, overwhelming plans, etc: Please remember that you are not alone. There is someone there that will be by your side (physically or emotionally) that wants the best for you and wants you to feel your best. If not, you're still not alone. There are people that are going through the same exact thing. They may not be able to solve your problems, but they can endure them with you.

I was talking to my best friend in the whole wide world on Skype for three hours last night. She was my distraction from the world. She was my rock that I leaned on while I was struggling. She made me watch funny YouTube videos, and we just talked about the random stuff we would normally talk about. One thing that I loved (whether or not it was intentional) was I got close to the camera and she said, "Your eyelashes look good!" I replied, "Just a little mascara and some tears." The second I said something that reminded me of my sadness and dysfunctional day, she sent me another video that made me laugh.
Thank you, Jadyn. 

This morning, I wrote eight "pep talks" for myself. There is no significance to the amount, that's just how many I could think of at the moment. Each one saying something positive that will hopefully get me through the rest of the week.
---
"Chin up, Pretty! Everything is going to be OKAY!"
"You're not alone!"
"You are loved {unconditionally}." 
"Show the world what you're made of."
"The only person you need to please is yourself. Period."
"Make the best of what God has placed before you. TTP!"
"Hey, you matter!"
"I'M OKAY!"
---
And today, October 22, 2014, I got out of bed; I ate breakfast; I showered; I washed my face; I put on make up; I did my hair; I put on a cute outfit; I sprayed perfume all over myself; and I walked outside and enjoyed my day. I look at those little "pep talks" and remind myself that this is just life, and I need to embark on the journey, no matter how difficult it gets.

I'm ready to embrace it because...
xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment