Monday, October 20, 2014

Making the Best of a Love-Hate Relationship: Exercise {Part 1}

Good evening, Chums. I'm sure by my lack of blogging, you all can tell I've been very busy recently. It's that special time of the year...midterms. Thankfully, today was my final day of testing. I honestly did not know what to do with myself; I sat in my room for three hours afterwards. I just sat. 

I asked my boyfriend to give me ideas of what I could do to cure my boredom. He told me to rent a bicycle and take a ride on the trail near my school. At first, I thought he was a bit crazy. I'm not one to condone working out because I am awful at keeping up with a  daily work out routine; I just cannot get motivated to run on a treadmill or lift weights for 30 seconds, let alone 30 minutes.

I was so bored, I considered his suggestion. I rented a bike from Nice Ride and began my journey. However, I didn't want to make it a boring ride that only presented a work out, but also a little autumnal photo shoot. It's been ages since I've gone out and just leisurely taken photos. It's my favorite hobby, and I've been severely neglecting my camera. It was an opportunity I couldn't deny.

I couldn't resist turning up the tunes... Do people say that anymore? Oh well. I cranked up Hoodie Allen's new album, "People Keep Talking", and biked my little heart out for a couple hours, taking 2-3 breaks to snap the miraculous and brilliantly displayed colors painted across St. Paul. They screamed, "AUTUMN". Just kidding, I'm not schizophrenic. As I've mentioned in a previous post, Autumn is my favorite time of the year, and the colors are a major part behind my reasoning. I mean, did you see the photos? 

I think getting any opportunity to do gentle exercise is something worth taking a hold of. Working out is a major part of helping your skin look it's best. You are working out all the impurities, dirt, oil, and everything else your skin retains throughout the day out of your body. Also, no matter how intense your work out is, don't forget to drink water! This will also improve the look of your skin, and it helps to cleanse your body of impurities, as well.

What do you like to do for an enjoyable work out? Do you have anymore tips to help me get in a better work out routine? Let me know in the comments!

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment