Sunday, October 16, 2016

Amanda-Approved Banana Oat Pancakes

Hello, lovelies! It has been way too long. Has anyone told you college is stressful and you never have a second to put your feet up? If not, get ready for a rude awakening. I have gotten great opportunities writing for my university's newspaper, but I haven't had the same chance to do that for my beloved FabFX. Bad mother-blogger.

But Sundays are something special. Nothing happens on Sunday... well maybe studying, but that doesn't count as an obligation. Just kidding, Mom!

As the clock has already hit noon, I just wanted to do something to spoil myself before I have to carry myself to another 8 am full of bright lights and monotoned professors. 

So that is just what I did! I made myself my favorite banana oat pancakes, and added a few cheeky little chocolate chips because why the heck not?!

As a matter of fact, you also deserve to be spoiled. So why not try these bad boys out for yourself.

Follow this quick and simple recipe to get yourself a stack of studly pancakes! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 large eggs
1 large ripe banana (the browner, the better)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 tsp. coconut oil

Optional Ingredients:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 cups fresh fruit
1/4 cup maple syrup

Instructions: 
Put almond milk, eggs, banana, vanilla extract, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and oats in a blender. 
COVER--this part is crucial. Blend until smooth.

Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat.

Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form around the edges of the pancake. Flip with a spatula and cook for an additional minute or two.

Continue doing this with the remaining batter. 

Serve with chocolate, berries and/or syrup -- whatever makes your heart happy.

This recipe yields 7-8 pancakes, and no one will judge you if you eat them all by yourself.

I hope you enjoy this recipe and make the most out of a relaxing Sunday!

xx Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment