Saturday, November 15, 2014

The #GussyDown Challenge (Part 2): Your Skin Doesn't Define YOU

Quote of the Day
"Once you've accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
-Anonymous 

Hello lovelies! Well look at this, I've completed the #GussyDown challenge given to me by SuccessS.H.E.. Did you take the pledge and go a week without touching your collection of make up?! I hope so! 

Remember how I said I'd show you all my lovely "naked-faced" selfies? Well, I'm keeping my promise. Here's what Amanda looks like make up-free!
{P.S. You can also see them on Instagram!}
•••
Monday, November 10, 2014
Day 1
Amanda was super excited to show her naked face to the world.
 
•••
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Day 2
Amanda went to go take pictures of the great outdoors and had to show off how "hood" she was.
Bad pun, ignore that...please.
•••
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Day 3
Amanda was proud of going three days without make up.
Chuckin' up the... treces?
The puns just keep getting better.
•••
Thursday, November 13, 2014
Day 4
Amanda was seriously running out of poses. Taking selfies is tough work.
Amanda needs a water break! Oh dear...
•••
Friday, November 14, 2014
Day 5
Amanda was proud of herself for completing the #GussyDown Challenge!
IT FEELS GOOOOOOOOD!
•••
I honestly didn't think this challenge would be difficult considering I don't wear an innumerable amount of make up products on a day-to-day basis. I was wrong. I think it's because I have the choice to wear (or not wear) make up each day, and the fact that I wasn't allowed to choose bothered me... like, a lot. I also found myself seeing more flaws and blemishes that I probably wouldn't have if I just didn't think about wearing make up. It was just a very psychological experience, I suppose. 

A good friend of mine reminded me of this when he said, "Personality > Appearance". This helped me get through the rest of the week. But seriously, isn't that what this challenge is all about? Women (including myself) need to understand that your skin does NOT define who you are as a person, nor does your hair, your clothes, your marital status, your occupation, NOTHING. 

It's called #GussyDown, not #LookLikeASlob! I'm not telling you to stop caring for your skin or anything else. Please, wash your face, your body, your hair, your clothes, everything. This is not a hygiene problem, this is a "being uncomfortable in your own skin" problem. Don't think this is an excuse to stop caring for yourself. Just know that you don't have to be all "gussied up" 24/7. 

There were so many benefits to doing this challenge! I might make myself do a weekly "gussy down cleanse" every few months. My skin looks cleaner and feels softer from not being drowned in foundation the past week. I've also given my brushes a good cleaning (You don't know how? Look HERE!) and gave them a break, as well. It's very beneficial for my blemishes to breathe and to not be suffocated by loads of face products.

I admire the work SuccessS.H.E. has done to help women feel comfortable and beautiful as themselves! If you have a chance, read this article as well concerning #GussyDown.

Let me know how your experience taking the pledge was!
I hope it was worthwhile!

Want the background story? Click HERE!

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment