Saturday, November 8, 2014

The #GussyDown Challenge (Part 1): Taking the Pledge to Natural Beauty

Hello lovelies! Today I'm going to be talking about something that I feel needs to be addressed. I love make up. I think we all know that very well by this point. I love buying it, I love applying it, I love researching it. Everything. Make up is something I like to do to express my individuality and I overall feel more awake and fully-functioning when I wear it.

However, make up should not be a mask. It should be something to wear to enhance what you've already got. Play around with it, be creative, but I never want you to think I am condoning the use of make up in a way that rids you of your natural beauty.
I have been challenged by a group called SuccessS.H.E. to #GussyDown with them and go one week without any make up. This will be a challenge because, although I do not wear a full face of make up everyday, I do like to cover any little spots I have and I like to wear a coat of mascara to make my eyes appear more open. I want to be an example to my readers, though. I want to show you all that no matter what you look like, what appeared on your face that day, or what you're insecure about, you are you, and that's the best thing in the world.

I am challenging you to take the pledge, as well. From November 10-14, 2014, put down the make up bags, and embrace your natural beauty. It's about time women started feeling confident in their own skin! It doesn't matter if you wear make up everyday or if you've never worn it a day in your life. Take the pledge! And while you're at it, take selfies of your gorgeous selves and post them using #GussyDown! 

At the end of this week, you can look forward to a post of my selfies from throughout the week! I'll also make sure to let you in on how I felt before and after the experience. Trust me, there will be benefits from doing this!

Visit here for more information and to make the pledge!
Have a fabulous (MAKE UP) free week!
Don't forget to follow SuccessS.H.E.on Twitter too! @SuccessSHE

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore


No comments:

Post a Comment