Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Lost My LUSH Virginity

Oh my goodness! It was my first time in Heaven... I mean LUSH. No matter how many times my mother told me that I was spending too much for my first time, I could not resist picking up a few (several) things that I had heard wonderful things about. I'd love to show you my findings.

*I am in no way intending this post to be a bragging-session. I just wanted to show you all what I got at a cosmetics shop, and I wanted to give you all ideas about products that can benefit your skin.*

But first, a little bit about LUSH...
LUSH is a beauty shop that creates fresh, homemade cosmetics. All their products are vegetarian, most are vegan, and the pots are all made from 100% recycled plastic. They use organic ingredients. No animal testing is allowed. Just walking into the store made me feel at peace. The calming and floral fragrances waltzed through my nostrils as I explored the filled shelves. 

LUSH provides many unique products, it is almost overwhelming; and I'm very indecisive when it comes to beauty products and a budget. But I successfully walked out of the store with a load of products that I have used or am ecstatic about using without spending a fortune. Here's what I got...

For the face...
Tea Tree Water Toner
Tea Tree Water is naturally antibacterial and is a great blemish fighter. This works well for  keeping unwanted spots at bay, and works as a toner as well! Why would I not want to try something like this? I love applying it with a spray bottle; there's less chance of infecting the product. I've only used it for a few days now, but I'll keep you posted if it helps with blemishes!

Cupcake Fresh Face Mask
This mask is heavenly. I could stop there, but I won't. It impressed me that it helps with oily skin and teenagers were kept in mind while making the product. I'm hardly a teenager anymore, but I was sold! And the best part, it smells like chocolate. I think they kept ME in mind while making this one.

Mint Julips Lip Scrub
I love applying this in the morning before I walk out the door. Just swipe a layer of this mint chocolate-tasting scrub across your lips, rub your lips together, and lick off. Yes, I said it, lick it all off. What's better than a cosmetic product that you can eat?! NOTHING!

For the body...
Handy Gurugu Hand Cream
This product will definitely come in handy this winter. It's predicted to be a chilly one up here in the good ol' MN. Handy Gurugu is made with rich oils and butters to care for dry, cracked, hard-working hands. At night, I'm really enjoying applying a thick layer of this stuff before bed, and I get to wake up with super soft hands. 

For the bath...
So I bought six bath bombs...
I don't really have a bath at my disposal at the moment...
Dorm problems...
I guess they're nice to look at...
And they smell nice...
Right...?

The Bath Bombs
Sex Bomb Bath Bomb
Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb
Fizzbanger Bath Bomb
Butterball Bath Bomb
Granny Takes A Dip Bath Bomb
Sakura Bath Bomb

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment