Friday, October 30, 2015

Updated Skin Care Routine

Hello, lovelies! This is a much-needed post, considering I have changed my skin care routine a couple of times since my last post about my routine.

This newly updated routine has fewer steps and is less intense, which just makes the lazy people (such as myself) a little more excited about taking care of their skin.

Here is what I have been currently using and loving for my regimen!

•••
•••
Makeup Remover
The first part is optional and depends on if I am wearing makeup that day. I use No. 7 Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking Wipes. They work on all skin types, and thank the Lord for that because it is so hard to find makeup remover wipes that don't dry out my skin or make it feel super oily. It also works on waterproof anything and is hypo-allergenic. This stuff was just made for everyone basically.
Cleanser
I start off with a good cleanse. I use the Boots Botanics All Bright Cleansing Foam Wash to begin the routine. I use this product in the morning and at night. I use about a dime-sized amount and gently massage it into my skin (face and neck) with my hands. The brightening hibiscus within the formula helps to create a very glowy complexion. Once again, this cleanser is created for all skin types, making it easy to get the cleansing you need without the side effects of dryness or excess oil: it's a great balance.

Toner
The next step to a refreshing skin care routine is a toner that freshens the skin and keeps impurities at bay. I use the sister product of my cleanser, Boots Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner. I apply this by squirting about a quarter size on a clean washcloth, and dab (not rub) the product on my face and neck, really focusing it on the nose and surrounding areas, since this is where I see the most blackheads and other impurities. If you do this twice a day, you will quickly see clearer skin because of the powers that this product possesses. It has literal powers. Just saying.

Face Mask
This step is a "once a week" kind of step; even twice a month will suffice. I love myself a good clay mask on a Sunday night to freshen my skin and deep clean my pores before a week of nastiness. I use (be surprised) Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask. There are minerals in this mask that draw out impurities and oil without overdrying the skin. My skin just feels super soft and even cleaner once I've washed this mask off. 
*Note: When applying any face mask, start out with a clean palette by assuring you've cleansed and toned first!

Eye Serum
I only started using an eye serum this past spring. I don't know if it was just a scam or if I'm just that addicted to buying skin care products, but I heard that applying moisturizer on your undereye area actually contributes to creating the bags under your eyes. I inherited bags under my eyes in the first place, so I don't want to make them anymore prominent than they are now. I started using Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye just at night (as the name implies). I dip my ring finger in the pot just to acquire a thin layer, and I use that one dip for both eyes. I spread the serum around my eye and on my eyelid with my ring fingers.
*Note: Applying products with your ring fingers will help to keep a light touch, especially on sensitive and delicate areas of the body, including the eyes. Using your ring finger will eliminate excess pressure and decrease the likeliness of getting wrinkles.

Moisturizer
The hydration and softness of your skin will come from a good moisturizer; or in my case, I use two. Yes, I realize it sounds a bit costly to have two moisturizers, but they work differently: one for daytime wear and one for nighttime wear.

Daytime: I use Boots Botanics All Bright Hydrating Day Cream SPF 15. The SPF is a bigs seller for me. I get burned so easily and my face is sensitive, so the extra little protection helps. While protecting my face from the sun, it also brightens and hydrates my skin. It's great to do this alone, or before putting on makeup to soften the look of foundation to give your face a fresh and dewy look. I apply this on my face and neck, avoiding my undereye area. This moisturizer is specifically for normal to dry skin, which is my skin type, but there are plenty of options for those of you who have oily skin.

Nighttime: I use Aveeno Smart Essentials Nighttime Moisture Infusion. This does not provide any sun protection, hence me not using it during the day. However, it compensates by infusing antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and E, which help to rejuvenate and repair the skin while sleeping. I apply this on my face and neck, avoiding my undereye area where the eye serum was applied. This moisturizer can be used with all skin types. 


Lip Scrub
I have been using the same lip scrub for almost a year because it makes the biggest difference in how my lips look and feel. It's especially important to take care of your lips during the colder months when they are more likely to look moisture and peel. I apply LUSH Mint Julips Lip Scrub to my top and bottom lip at least twice a day, sometimes even more if my pout is not on point. I'm not normally a mint person, but this almost tastes more like chocolate to me, and the hint of mint that I do get just makes me feel refreshed. The best part of lip scrubs are that you get to eat them, so pack that stuff on, rub your lips together, and lick the rest off!
Lip Balm
Similar to how your face and neck need to be moisturized daily to maintain its softness and lovely glow, your lips need the same attention. I do use two lips balms interchangeably, but you can really use whatever your heart desires.

I use Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm with Vitamin E and Peppermint in the morning and evening after I have just brushed my teeth to keep the minty taste consistent. Throughout the day, I use Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter when I'm needing a new layer of chapstick. Mango is my favorite flavor, but like I said, any lip balm will do the trick!
That's my new skin care routine! What products do you use to achieve picture-perfect skin? Let me know in the comments!

xx Amanda
I made a Facebook page, check it out!
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment