Monday, February 2, 2015

January 2015 Favorites

Hello, lovelies! Guess what today is! Groundhog Day!! Yes it is, but I was more implying that it's February now, which means it's about time to share what I've been loving in January.

Apparel
Pizza Sweatshirt
I owe credit where credit is due: my boyfriend introduced me to this website by rocking his "cat eating a hot dog" sweatshirt (I kid you not), and it's safe to say we're both a little obsessed. For Christmas, he bought me a pizza sweatshirt (because pizza is delicious) and it's so comfy and so "out there". It's not like me to be comfortable standing out of the crowd but I don't even care. It's so cool and I like seeing everyone's facial expressions when they see me in it!

"Bad Hair Day" Beanie
If you're like me, you hate doing your hair. You wake up in the morning, and you just look at your hair and cry inside a little because it has the potential to look decent, and yet, you just can't be motivated enough to make it look good. When I have these days (80% of the week), I just throw on this comical beanie and go on with my day. 

Once again, I get comments and giggles from people and I just feel so clever wearing it (even though I didn't come up with the idea). I just let people think I'm clever. In reality, I'm just lazy.
Beauty
Bioré: Charcoal Facial Cleanser
So I've shaken up my beauty regimen a little. I had been doing a lot of research about products that really help with sucking out all the toxins and dirt from your pores, and I concluded that charcoal was the secret ingredient. I bought this product at Target and the beautician I was talking to said the same thing. I'm convinced it's some sort of magic.

Warning: Your skin may get worse before it gets better while using this product. I personally did not experience this, but it has been reported that people get serious breakouts, and in a few week's time, the acne will disappear and your skin will feel like butter (but not oily and gross). Okay, maybe butter wasn't the best comparison but you know what I mean. SUPER SOFT!

Garnier: Charcoal Facial Scrub
I bought this the same time I bought the facial cleanser. I only use this 2-3 times a week to get extra dead skin and dirt out of my pores and off my face. Don't go overboard using this product: there is such a thing as "too much exfoliating".
Too Faced: "Better Than Sex" Mascara
This mascara works wonders! It helps lengthen and curl my lashes and gives them loads of volume! It is a bit costly, but I think it is worth every penny when you get these types of results!
Gold Bond: Intensive Healing Hand Cream
Hands down (punny), the best hand cream I've ever encountered. It absorbs into your skin in a matter of seconds and keeps my hands soft for a hours. It repairs the cracks I get in my hands on frigid days and even after I wash my hands, I still notice it working!
Entertainment
James Bay: "Scars"
His voice is gorgeous and he's British! This song is about his significant other leaving him to go to America. It's so beautiful, and it will most definitely be on replay for awhile. Give it a listen.

Ellie Goulding: "Love Me Like You Do"
I heard this song on Pandora and fell in love instantly. I have always been a fan of Ellie Goulding, but this song is definitely my favorite. Also, to my surprise, I found out this song is also featured in the upcoming movie Fifty Shades of Grey. That makes me 1000 times more excited for the film!

Zoe Sugg: Girl Online
Okay, I will admit that the intended audience is probably in the tweens to young teens range, and I may be a little too old to enjoy this book... but who is too old to read about young love? If you're a romantic like me, I'd suggest this book. There's adventure, friendship crises, romance, and even blogging! It was practically made for me!
Let me know what you think of these products and if I should do any proper reviews over any of them! Have a wonderful week and always be smiling!

xx Amanda
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment