Thursday, November 6, 2014

Target Make Up Haul

Hello, my lovelies! I've got a story for you. This past weekend, I was doing my make up for a Halloween party. My roommate uncharacteristically sat a foot in front of me and observed every step, every technique I did while applying my make up. She has never been as interested in make up, yet, she actually wears it everyday while I walk around like a mindless hobo.

Long story short, she wanted me to do her make up, and I felt like I was making a little YouTube video on a make up tutorial. It was weird, but I enjoyed it! She was so thrilled with the way her make up looked for the evening, she asked if we could take a journey to buy all the tools and products she needed for the "best make up look".

We took the metro down to Target. It was fascinating because neither of us had used the metro before, but it was quite the experience once we got to downtown Minneapolis. It was nice to just get off campus for once! There were strip malls and small cafes with outdoor seating and rows of landscaping. It was amazing how different it looked compared to (what I've seen of) St. Paul.

We managed to find the Target, and made our way to the make up section. My roommate was already a little overwhelmed with the 4 aisles of drugstore make up. It was funny though, she had to go through each step I had taught her the night before and pick out the make up in that order: it was a very organized process.

{So much for making a long story short...}

Once I helped her out, I obviously couldn't resist picking out a few products for myself! Here's a list of what I got and my first impressions of them all!

Face Products
Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder {001: Transparent}
Why I bought it: I've only ever had one powder in my life, and it is way too dark for my current skin tone (white as snow). I have read a lot of good reviews about this product so I thought I'd give it a shot!
★: The transparent powder helps my make up stay in place and  reduces any shine. This is definitely a keeper!

Maybelline Master Hi-Lighting Blush {10: Nude}
Why I bought it: Let's just say, I can definitely be lazy when it comes to make up. Why not make the task a bit easier by buying a 2-in-1 blush and highlighter?!
★: Maybe it's just the tone of the highlighter matched with my skin, but I actually had to layer this product to get any sheen to show on my face. Once it was layered, you could see the product, but it didn't really reduce the time taken on my make up. 

NYX Rouge Cream Blush {CB05: Glow}
Why I bought it: I've never owned a powder blush before and I've heard they are a staple in the winter. They usually have a nice finish to them and they are long lasting.
★: It's a beautiful product and like I expected, it was very long lasting. I wish I would have bought a slightly darker shade for the time of the year, but it's still a keeper.

NYX Powder Blush {PB01: Mocha}
Why I bought it: Let's be real... I thought the pyramidal design was cool. That was why I bought it.
: It's a lovely color that lasts for a decent amount of time and it's easy to apply. It's nothing I would rave about. It's a very ordinary blush.

Eyes Products
NYX The Natural Shadow Palette {TNS 01}
Why I bought it: You can never have enough eyeshadow palettes! AM I RIGHT?! I've always been into natural looking make up and this palette features mostly matte colors.
: It's gorgeous! Given, I have not used all the colors in the palette, what I've seen is brilliant. Another plus is the product is a great deal for what is offered! I recommend this if you're on a budget and looking for a nice collection of natural eyeshadows.

L'ORÉAL Silkissime Eyeliner {Highlighter}
Why I bought it: I'm really bad with keeping up with eyeliner, and I thought I'd try a nude pencil to line and highlight my water line and tight line if I feel like being "fancy".
: I liked the very subtle highlighted effect the eyeliner gave my eyes. If you're looking for a dramatic eye look, this may not be the product you are searching for, but it gives a bright, fresh look to the eyes.

Maybelline The Colossal Cat Eyes {Glam Black}
Why I bought it: I love mascara! I will never get tired of finding products that make my eyelashes full and long! It gives me joy! Is that sad?
: Holy cow! This stuff changed the meaning of life! I love the way the curved brush help lengthen my eyelashes without any clumps, along with creating gorgeous cat eyes without worrying about using eyeliner to create such a look. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a no hassle way of applying mascara! AMAZING!
Other Products
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towlettes
Why I bought it: I've actually used this product for God knows how long! I just love that the towelettes are large enough to remove a full face of make up in one go! None of this "3-4 towelettes" nonsense. The towelettes are super soft and they reassuringly get the job done every time!
: They still works wonders every time!

Up & Up Deep Cleaning Pore
Why I bought it: I used a Bioré strip before and I liked the results but I couldn't get myself to spend extra money when the Target version was sitting right next to it on the shelf.
: I guess the saying "you get what you pay for" is very true for this product. I noticed the slightest difference, but not the results I was looking for from this product. If you are able to splurge a bit, I think it's worth the extra couple bucks for the Bioré strips which will truly rid you of disgusting pores.
Have you used any of these products? What products have you used with good "first impressions"? Let me know in the comments!

xx Amanda 
Twitter & Instagram: @amanda_wymore

No comments:

Post a Comment